Welcome back to church from Sunday 2 August!
Things will be very different so this is what to expect:
• The service is in the Sullivan Hall with Joe preaching from the café space.
• Attendance is by booking a place (see below) – there are 40 seats (2 metres apart) for people who are booked in the Sullivan Hall. So from 41 onwards, names will be put on the list for the following week’s service. Couples and families can sit together but we need to know in advance.
• Anyone arriving without booking will be seated in the Wee Hall where there are 10 seats (the service will be seen on the screen).
• We’ll use the register of booked people in case those attending need to be contacted as part of the government’s Track and Trace process. Names and phones numbers will be kept for 21 days then destroyed. If anyone arrives without a booking we will ask for their name and phone number.
• Please bring your own face mask. Everyone must wear one
Accessing the Halls
• We are unable to offer the bus for transport at present because of safe distancing.
• All cars, except those with blue badges, should park in the main car park and leave 2m between cars. Those with blue badges can park at the hall, if space allows.
• Pedestrian access to halls will be marked – please stay 2m away from other people and use the markings (like at supermarkets) – outside and inside the building. There should be no physical contact e.g. hugging or hand shaking.
• You will be guided by Duty Elders, 2m markings, signage etc. Please take note of the guidance and read the notices.
• Please wait for your turn to enter the halls (via the main door) and be guided by the Duty Elders who will show you to your seat. Please do not move or leave your chair.
When In The Halls
• The offering plate will be in the vestibule – please drop your envelope or money onto the plate, without touching anything.
• There will be no bibles, hymns books or Orders of Service – or singing or humming — recorded music will be used.
• The service will be streamed live via Facebook (i.e. as it happens) so that people who are not there are able to follow it. Only three seats can be seen by the camera i.e. most are not in view.
• At the end of the service, please leave the Sullivan Hall by the nearest fire exit (out to the side of the hall). Anyone in the Wee Hall should leave by the main entrance. We ask that you don’t stop to chat with people (not easy after so long but this is important).
• The toilets will be closed although one will be available in an emergency.
Booking a Place
Contact the office at any time but it must be by 10am on the Friday before the service – please give the name(s) of people attending and the telephone number by:
• email to email@example.com
• phone the office (0141 639 6555) and leave a message (it is not manned at present).
Please note that to book for the first two services (2 and 9 August) please email the office or phone Joe on 0141 384 2218
We appreciate your cooperation with all of this.